Sunday 10 February 2013

GAJA LAKSHMI TANJORE PAINTING

Tanjore painting is a major form of classical south Indian Painting. Tanjavur was its birth place. Mainly in this art you can see many Hindu goddesses and saints. Glittering gold foils are used to give rich look. These paintings took lot of work and patience. I did it step by step very carefully listening to my art master guidance who had created more than 1000 tanjore paintings. I have spent lot of time to create this art. During the course of this art I have given sufficient time drying then and there. First I selected smooth water proof of good quality 4 to 6 mm plywood and stick cotton cloth with a mixture of fevicol and Arabic gum. Then smooth it with sand paper. Then trace a nice pitcher. One spoon of fevicol and one spoon of Arabic gum was mixed well and stick the colourful stones. Muk was also used and finally golden foils used in appropriate parts. Rest part I painted with acrylic colours and framed it. The process is always done with experts.

No comments:

Post a Comment