Friday 1 February 2013

CREATIVE ART OF QUILLING

Quilling or paper filigree is an art used in making cards,frames,baskets etc., where strips of many colour papers are rolled into roller shapes and glued to create designs. French and Italian nuns and monks used Quilling to decorate book covers and religious items. The specialty of Quilling is that even other techniques like embroidery and painting can be combined to give rich look.

This is first Quilling art that I have created. I have used a needle tool, colored paper strips, craft glue and fringing tool.I have taken glittering paper and used lot of coloured tight rolls, center holes,tight marquises,ovals, heart shapes,bunny ears etc., and arranged everything in flower shapes with stem and leaves and glued on thick self designed glittering gift paper.

First I wondered weather I can do a God shaped Quilling. After completing the art, I have felt the full satisfaction of having created the art thanked Lord Vinayaga. For this picture, First I took plain white plastic sheet and then and there I pasted marquise in its suitable places.

I took a cardboard and cut pink colour paper and pasted on the green cardboard.Flowers leaves and buds are neatly arranged and pasted. I used tweezers also.



 My friend helped to do this Quilling arrangement. Bunny ears are used to do white flowers. For the flower petal light colour marquise been used in the center of the petal and ark colour marquise been used in the sides.

BASKET OF FRUITS




I first painted the canvas board with black colour. Basket base was arranged then I started art of Quilling of fruits like banana,grapes, pineapple and pear with leaves.I wringled the Quilling yellow colour paper and pasted as handle for the basket.

Sparrow is my favorite bird. On a black cardboard I pasted a white circle paper. The pink roses are made like swirl flowers by using pink colour paper cut in 1/2 inch diameter from outside to the center with scissors. with Quilling tool I rolled the cut paper from outside to inside and glued the edge and completed the rose. I feel as tough I am seeing my sparrow ,roses, buds and leaves in moon.

I copied the design from my friends party invitation card. I lightly draw peacock shape with a chalk and made the marquise and used eye shaped coil for light colours. and completed it.

I planned to do vegetables in Quilling  I chose vegetables like tomatoes,brinjals,drumsticks, onions, chilies, garlic,capsicum,cabbage and cauliflower. I have pasted a small vegetable seller. I have used different shapes like, tight coil, loose coil, oval, square, eccentric tear shape and half moon shapes are being used in this picture.

A SMALL PAINTED TREE WITH QUILLED FLOWER

   Only flowers and leaves are quilled. Simple but easy to do. After quilling the flowers I painted the leaves and tree. A small quilled card.

FRINGED FLOWER BASKET



I made fringed flower with different colour center. I did flowers in different colour and leaves. Basket are woven with strips of colour papers. I arranged big flowers then small flowers with leaves.

CLUSTER OF FLOWERS WITH DOUBLE ROW



Two set of flower petals were arranged one above another. many leaves are arranged in between. I have done small pink roses.I have used green colour flower buds. This is a decorative Quilling art.
             
Just I tried needle work in a chart paper very carefully. Lines came very well. I wish to do one more design.        

1 comment:

  1. Exemplary art in quilling.
    The art work is superb.
    Hats off.
    Congraulations and continue your dedication in this art.

    ReplyDelete