Thursday 31 January 2013

FAVORITE WARLI TARPA DANCE


 For the first time, I have seen stick like human figures printed on the border of a saree. I was so excited to buy that saree, but declined, as my choice had always been for cotton sarees. After sometime, I have seen the WARLI paintings, in a marriage party asa gift photo.It is so simple to draw WARLI paintings as it is like drawing circles, triangles and line joints. That's all. You can easily become a WARLI paint artist.


 This special art took its origin from state of Maharashtra in India. The people living there mixed earth and cow dung and plastered on the outer wall of the huts and painted as rich brownish- red ochre background. The rice paste had been used as paint and crushed tip of the bamboo is used as a paint brush.




 The folk stories,agricultural activities, Tarpa dance, celebrations like Diwali, Navarathiri festivals and marriages are painted on the wall. These paintings reflect their happiness and simple life. Now it has become very famous exotic art and these are used as WARLI paintings on terracotta vase, pots, Gift boxes, wall hangings etc., etc.,






 My Art teacher has taught me to do WARLI painting by using Shilpakar clay and coloured them by finishing with a coat of glue and gloss.



  For this summer vacation, when my grandchildren visit me, I have planned to teach them the art of warli paintings and I am sure that they will enjoy the Warli art world






1 comment: